Lakes Area Montessori Center
Toddler, Preschool, Kindergarten & Elementary
Back to School / Meet and
August 21st @6:30 PM
At Lakes Area Montessori Center, our mission is to encourage the development of the whole child by providing an enriched Montessori curriculum, filled with cultivated experiences that allow the
opportunity for each child to grow and develop into a confident, independent and self-motivated individual. Each child has the opportunity to experience self-awareness and understand the perception
of his/her surrounding environment by manipulating the materials that Maria Montessori implemented in her own classrooms.
The program is staffed by experienced Montessori teachers, certified by the American Montessori Society with support staff members that combine qualities of competence, warmth and
- EDUCATING TODAY’S CHILDREN & TOMORROW’S LEADERS FOR OVER 33 YEARS.
Convenient Location: Richardson Road at new Martin Parkway in Commerce Township. Set on 2.5 acres of land with a beautiful pond.
We offer: Montessori Toddler, Preschool, Kindergarten and Elementary programs (through 5th grade).
- TODDLER & PRESCHOOL PROGRAM. With flexible half and full day options in a warm educational environment.
- FULL DAY KINDERGARTEN. Convenient hours, strong Montessori academics.
- EXCEPTIONAL MONTESSORI ELEMENTRARY PROGRAM (For grades 1-5). Where annual standardized test scores place students 1-4 grades above national averages. Emphasis on leadership, research skills and independent
- SUMMER CAMP (June & July). We offer a Montessori summer program to keep up the academic learning balanced with fun, summer activities.
- MONTESSORI CERTIFIED STAFF. Experienced and nurturing staff who customized the Montessori curriculum for each child’s unique learning style.
- BEFORE AND AFTER SCHOOL CARE. Open 7AM-6PM, we offer activities in arts and crafts, games, puzzles, and outdoor play. Special Enrichment Classes are also offered.
- ENRICHMENT PROGRAMS. During School – Music, Spanish and Physical Education. After School – Gym, Tae Kwon Do, Yoga, Drama and Dance.
- PARENTS AS PARTNERS. An Extensive Parent Education Program to take Montessori principles home. Open
Observation any time or day through a one way glass.
- PEACE EDUCATION PROGRAM. We offer Cultural Celebrations, conflict resolution and a curriculum based on respect and care of self, others and the Earth.
CALL US (248-360-0500) FOR A TOUR AND ASK FOR COLLEEN OR